8.24.2009

New Bassetmobile

This weekend Kris went and traded in my tiny little coupe for a sporty stationwagon... and boy is everyone in the D family happy about this. Kris and I like for the girls to be comfortable in the car whether we are driving 6 hours to visit my parents in Louisiana or just taking them to the vet which is 7 minutes from the house. No one likes a wimpering, whiny or scared dog in the car, it's just not fun. We went for a stationwagon so we could put down some comfy blankets and the girls could stretch out and have plenty of room. But the bonus of the stationwagon is that there are so many windows for the girls to look out and see the world go by. I was so tickled by how well their first trip in the car went. I snapped a few pics of the girls in the back. Don't they seem to be enjoying the ride?


7 comments:

SissySees said...

So... what did you get?!

Martha said...

Happy New Car!!!

Sue said...

They seem to be perfectly happy with their new ride.

Tobi said...

Chan,
We got a wagon - I think I had told you that was what I was hoping for. It's a Volvo V50 - Kris wanted his girls to be as safe as possible. It's a sweet little car.

Tobi

Tina. said...

Is it low enough for them to get into or do you have to get them a boost. That is going to be one if my specifications for what ever car I may buy...someday...in the future....when, urrr I mean if...my current car dies.

pleintexasgirl said...

Lucky girls! I too want a Volvo wagon. Alas, I have 2 giant Texas ranch trucks so I almost slip a disc picking up hounds to load in the back seat. I still rue the day I sold my 66 Impala Wagon for the sports car. Car could not handle the ranch roads or bump gates, ended up back in trucks.

Tobi said...

Tina,
Yes, they can jump in the back. They CAN jump in the back. Bluebonnet has done it only once, Clementine will do it with a running start, she apparently needs lots of enthusiasm to assist her along.